San Diego Trip - Day 9

Thursday, July 29, 2010

 

9:00
Since Pho Express opens at 9, we decided to meet at 9.  Again, they weren't ready.  After waiting in their room for a while, I said I needed to go to CVS to get cough drops.  I was also out of my Charmin Ultra Soft TP since I was getting a flu/cold.  But I was so hungry by then, I had breakkie at the terrace too.  By the time I got back, it looked like they just got ready.  Talked to front desk, and they told me it'd take 3-4 hrs to take the transit to the Wildlife Animal Park, but it's about a 45 min drive.  After TT and AB whined about how if I'd planned properly, they'd know whether they'd need to rent a car or take a taxi, we took a taxi.  MT was running out of cash, so he didn't want to go even though we had prepaid tickets. Then TT and AB were saying they were tired and didn't really want to go either.  Eventually we all went, but then the cabbie wasn't sure where to go and had to look at the map. AB said he drove like a maniac, but I was sleeping b/c I was so tired. TT and AB decided to buy a hat there, of course I brought one b/c I knew we'd be outside, and it's San Diego so their average weather was sunny and hot.  Not quite as well laid out as the Zoo, and too many confusing paths that doubled back on each other or looped in crazy ways.  The map and signs weren't as helpful.  Saw almost all the animals.  The elephants are soooo cute.  They had quite a few baby elephants there, and I could've watched them for hours.  Took taxi back.
20:00
Just sitting in my room watching History and Discovery Channel.  They wanted to take a break before going for dinner.  So I'm eating popcorn.
20:30
They finally decided to get moving.  Oh gee, the store they want to go to is out of business, and the mall closes in 25 min.  Sheesh, at least we went to the sushi place I'd been eyeing.  Anyways, I was bugging them on when we'd get up and stuff.  TT said he wanted to go to some outlet mall in the suburbs, and AB said he'd just get up whenever he woke up sans alarm clock, around 10:30.  So I'm like ok, well I'll just sleep until I don't feel like crashing.  Was so tired that I didn't even start packing my stuff up b/c I figured I'd be up before they were. 

0 comments: